Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I just want my car...

I couldn't get an internet connection for more than 5 minutes at a time for some reason yesterday, so I'll post about yesterday and today.

Yesterday morning, Jesse and I woke up early so that he could bring his tire to Tires Plus down the street and get it repaired. We went in and spent an hour and a half there (which I thought was ridiculous), and then they told us that they couldn't repair it because there was fix-a-flat in it, which isn't true because Jesse used to be a genereal service tech and did it all the time. So all they did was put some air in it for him and try to sell him a new tire, which we can't afford.

Jesse decided that he could make it to New Port Richey and drop me off for work and then put air in it and take it to Advantage Tire and Auto (where he used to work) to get it done.

On the way to work, Jesse got a call saying my car may not be done because the wheel bearing welded itself to the axle, so I needed new bearings and axles. I was not pleased with this call.

After my Management Meeting at work (doesn't that make me sound important?), Jesse picked me up and we went to my parent's house to get their Eclipse. It's a very nice alternative to his truck, which cost us over 90 dollars in gas just over the weekend.

I dropped Jesse off at work, went home to do some virtual farming (it's so addicting) and fell asleep while I was trying to sigh onto it. I almost didn't wake up to meet Jesse for his dinner break, but I did and we went to Steak n Shake, which I'm pretty sure is a heart attack in a restaurant. I went back home and slept some more and then went to pick Jesse up at 3am (since we only have one car).

This morning I was all excited when I woke up because I was getting my car back. We went to the Mahaffey Theatre to look at their Grand Ballroom for the wedding, which was really nice, and is in our top four choices, along with The Italian Club, The Lange Farm, and Hunter's Green Country Club

Then, we got a call saying that they had to wait another day to get my axle in. I was NOT happy at all.
I was supposed to have my car back on Monday. It is now Wednesday and they say it MIGHT be done tomorrow. This is coming from a mechanic I'm supposed to trust, I can't imagine if it was a mechanic that I didn't know in any way. It's also costing around $600, which is kind of insane to me, considering we could have bought all the parts for 400 and we're supposed to be getting a deal, but whatever.

Now Jesse is going to have to wake up ridiculously early again to come with me to work so that hopefully we can pick up my car on the way home. I feel so bad because he works til 3am and then has to wake up at 6am to go to work with me.

I can't wait to have my car back!

No comments:

Post a Comment