Monday, September 7, 2009

"Once a Week, Go Greek"

Yesterday was my greek day. It's nice to have a greek day every now and then, especially when you're greek. :)

It started out kinda bad, I was supposed to get a free engagement photo session, but the lady never gave me her address so I didn't get to go for my appointment. The plus side of that was getting to sleep in!

I woke up and got ready and headed to the good old NPR (New Port Richey) to go tour the Spartan Manor. It's not like I haven't been there 8 million times, but I needed a refresher, plus I needed to find out pricing for the wedding. The woman there, Daphne, was so easy to get along with and so so nice. My mother was running on mom time (late), and Daphne totally understood. She went over basic stuff with Jesse and I while we waited and showed us the room. When my mom got there, she showed her the room again and talked pricing with all of us. It's definitely the best deal so far and includes so much more than everyone else does.

Of course when my father got there, he informed them that we are greek and expect a good deal, and that since our family is from Sparta, we're probably related, so we should get a family discount. Daphne said she knew that was coming as soon as he said we were greek and she would see what she could do lol.

When we were done there it was time for our next appointment at Riverside Venue in Tarpon. The lady never showed up for the appointment, I called her twice and left messages and everything. The place looked kinda nice too. Too bad though, I have a rule that says if I'm stood up, I don't try again and I stick to it. So now my list says Riverside Venue. :-)

After being stood up, I was starving, so (against Jesse's will) I begged my parents to take us to Mr. Souvlaki. I practically grew up there and haven't had it in so long. There is no greek restaurant better than them. The waitress we had remembered me from when I was a little girl and couldn't believe I was engaged. Jesse complained a lot after we left that he didn't like the food, but really it was just the tzatziki that he didn't like, so I told him next time he needs to get an open faced souvlaki like me.

I felt so good after my greek day.. I'm so glad that I had it :)

Today I went to IKEA with my sister and niece for 4 hours. I love that store so much.. My sister remembered that she owed me a birthday present and bought me a magnetic spice rack, which I love! I'm a little bummed because IKEA doesn't have a gift registry and I really wanted to register for my wedding there. Now I have to figure out a polite way to ask for IKEA gift cards.

I'm thinking my labor day weekend was a success. :)

Disclaimer: "Once a Week, Go Greek!" is the Mr Souvlaki Slogan

No comments:

Post a Comment