Thursday, September 3, 2009

My car is back...

Today was not a very fun day, but it had its up-sides...

First, I woke up and realized I had 5 minutes before I had to leave for work, so I had to get Jesse to wake up (which was no fun) and get out the door.

We stopped at Dunkin Donuts and couldn't afford lattes, so we got regular coffee instead (which shows how tired Jesse was, because he hates regular coffee).

I got to work and ended up training people on using the projector, which I didn't really anticipate. I kinda hate training people when I'm not prepared, but it was fine. Jesse talked to my boss (Tom) about the possibility of him coming in and teaching a rigging workshop, which I think is very cool.

We left my work and realized that the people still hadn't called about my car. We tried to call them, but realized that something must have been going on with T-mobile because neither of our phones would call out for a good hour.

Once we finally got through, they said my car MIGHT be ready at 4. I told Jesse I didn't want to go all the way out to Clearwater for a might, but he said we had to hope for the best, so we went to Countryside Mall. They are tearing that place apart! I couldn't even remember what the floor used to look like and it made me sad.

Just as we were giving up hope and heading back to Tampa, we got a call saying my car was ready, so we went to pick it up. So much for the discounts I was supposed to get, I'm pretty sure I didn't get any, but I was just happy to have my car and didn't care too much.

Now I care! As I was driving, my car started making a little bit of noise. I didn't panic, I decided it was probably just because there were new bearings on it and they had to be broken in. But then I realized it was getting a little louder instead of a little quieter. I, being the diagnoser (is that even a word?) that I am, figured out that my car started shaking if I got above 45 and it started shaking if I got below 20. I have no clue what that means. Also, a car stopped short in front of me and I had to swerve off the road because my car wouldn't stop.

I let Jesse take it to work and he says that he thinks they forgot to bleed the brakes because he tried to stop once and the pedal went straight to the floor and it didn't even slow down. I am not happy with this.

Moral of the story: Find a mechanic you trust and NEVER let them go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment